CAFILM Education is building the next generation of filmmakers and film lovers through its creative film programs for K-12 students, serving more than 10,000 young people—and hundreds of educators, adults, and families—per year. Through screenings, events, seminars, and hands-on workshops, we provide students of all ages and backgrounds with the opportunities to learn about themselves and the world through the art of film.
- utilize film as a powerful catalyst to educate, inspire, and entertain.
- teach youth to be effective and informed media consumers and creators.
- build global awareness through exposure to different cultures and worldviews.
- cultivate an appreciation for the artistry and craft of filmmaking.
- empower young people and give them a voice through film.
- nurture aspiring filmmakers and provide a platform for their creative efforts.
To safely serve our community during the pandemic, we developed a dedicated CAFILM Education Online platform, designed to effectively support distance learning, enhance school curriculum, and make our programs accessible to students and teachers nationwide. CAFILM Education is now a year-round hybrid program with both online and in-theater opportunities for students of all ages to learn through and about film.
View this short video to see some of our programs in action.