CFI Education is building the next generation of filmmakers and film lovers through its creative film programs for K-12 students, serving more than 10,000 young people—and hundreds of educators, adults, and families—per year. Through screenings, events, seminars, and hands-on workshops, we provide students of all ages and backgrounds with the opportunities to learn about themselves and the world through the art of film.
- utilize film as a powerful catalyst to educate, inspire, and entertain.
- teach youth to be effective and informed media consumers and creators.
- build global awareness through exposure to different cultures and worldviews.
- cultivate an appreciation for the artistry and craft of filmmaking.
- empower young people and give them a voice through film.
- nurture aspiring filmmakers and provide a platform for their creative efforts.
To safely serve our community during the pandemic, we developed a dedicated CFI Education Online platform, designed to effectively support distance learning and enhance school curriculum. We have adapted all of our current programming for virtual presentation on the online platform, making CFI Education programs now accessible for students and teachers nationwide. Once our movie theaters begin to reopen and we are able to safely return to in-person programming, we will continue to offer this online programming alongside our live events.
View this short video to see some of our programs in action.