ENTER NOW FOR THE CHANCE TO LAND A PAID COMMERCIAL GIG!
One student filmmaker—and his/her selected crew—will be chosen to produce a series of short, web-based promotional video spots for the Napa properties of Auberge Resorts Collection, known for its international portfolio of ultra-luxury resorts.
The winning production package includes:
- A $5,000 stipend
- Equipment provided
- Local travel and production expenses paid
- Professional commercial video content for your reel
- Online promotion of your work through CFI and Auberge Resorts Collection
Write a short treatment (350 minimum/500 maximum words) describing your creative approach and proposed filmmaking style for a series of short web-based video spots to promote the Auberge Resorts Collection properties in Napa (Calistoga Ranch, Solage, and Auberge du Soleil), with a focus on the “Napa Experience” in three core areas:
- Arts & Entertainment
- Outdoor & Active
- Food & Culinary
Your treatment should include details on which activities, events, or locations you would choose to represent Napa in these three core areas, based on the identities of the featured Auberge properties, and how you would represent them in a series of promotional videos. The final spots will run from 10 to 45 seconds each and will be used to promote the Napa properties online via Auberge Resorts Collection’s website, digital marketing, email campaigns, and social media.
Five finalists will be selected by CFI and Auberge staff to pitch their concept to a review panel of industry professionals, who will then select one winner to be awarded the paid production gig package.
CFI and Auberge Resorts Collection will promote the contest winners through their respective marketing and publicity channels including the CFI and Auberge websites, social media, and digital marketing, and a press release announcing the winner of the Challenge.
Each submission will be judged based on its creativity, originality and viability as well as its perceived value as a marketing resource for the Auberge Resorts Collection properties.
HOW TO ENTER:
A maximum of three (3) entries per student may be submitted. Each entry must include the following materials:
- Video treatment (350 minimum/500 maximum words)
- Sample reel of your work (minimum 2 minutes)
- Proof of student status and school affiliation (e.g., copy of student ID)
Upon successful submission of your ENTRY FORM, you will receive a link to a Dropbox folder where you are to upload your materials (treatment, sample reel and image of your student ID). No entry is complete without receipt of these assets.
Deadline for Submissions: February 28, 2018
- Finalists will be notified by email on or by March 21, 2018.
- Finalists will pitch their concepts to the review panel in late March 2018.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or phone within 15 days after the review panel convenes.
- Production for the video spots will take place mid-April to May 2018.
- Final delivery deadline for all video spots will be in June 2018.
- Contest is open to all residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of contest registration.
- All entrants must provide proof of student status at time of contest registration.
- Film crew may not exceed five (5) members. All crew members must be 18 years of age or older.
- Travel expenses are limited to ground transportation within 200 miles of Calistoga, CA during the production period, and does not include travel to the review panel.
- Equipment provided will include camera and sound gear, plus drone and lighting kit as needed. Drone operators must be drone-certified.
- All footage and creative product will be owned exclusively by Auberge Resorts Collection and cannot be used by any other party without prior written approval.
- Employees of CFI, Auberge Resorts Collection, their affiliates, and members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent or grandparent) of any of the above are not eligible to participate or win this contest.
- Participants agree to abide by all applicable federal, state, local laws, and regulations.
- Contest organizers retain the right to disqualify any applicant if the rules are not followed.
*PLEASE REVIEW COMPLETE CONTEST RULES HERE
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS SPONSORED BY
Calistoga Ranch | Napa Valley, CA | Auberge Resorts Collection
Auberge du Soleil | Napa Valley, CA | Auberge Resorts Collection
Solage | Napa Valley, CA | Auberge Resorts Collection