Join us this summer for a series of workshops that explore all angles of the industry and artistry of film. The film and festival industry can offer some amazing opportunities for creative young talent, but it can also feel incredibly intimidating. From the basics of film production to the intricacies of film festival curation, we provide hands-on training and professional development for aspiring young creatives through interactive, collaborative experiences that are also a whole lot of fun. Programs are designed for young cinephiles to explore different access points into the industry and steadily build their skills over time. Start with CAFILM as a pre-teen making short fiction films and work your way up to pre-college-level vocational training in a wide variety of film roles and career paths. Or just come play and make some movies with us!
Some benefits of the Summerfilm program:
- Satisfy your curiosity about careers in film—explore and discover new possibilities!
- Make new friends among a cohort of film-loving peers in a supportive environment
- Find your voice and learn the decision-making skills needed to manage creative projects
- Flex your leadership muscles and learn how to effectively collaborate with others
- Get insider access to film festival events and the chance to meet real film celebrities
- Receive ongoing support from CAFILM for film-related college or career recommendations
- Recognize that you have what it takes to apply for the school, internship, or job opportunity you’ve been dreaming about
Please read each program description carefully, as some are offered in person and some are online. All in-person camps take place at the Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center. All online camps are hosted on the CAFILM Education Online platform and open to students anywhere in the U.S. Times listed are Pacific Time Zone.
**Need-based scholarships are available for all programs.